Olympic medalists, Tour de France riders, and pro triathletes know hydration is critical to top performance. That’s why they’ve replaced their sponsors’ drinks with Dr. Stacy Sims’ hydration formulas for years. Osmo Active brings the benefits of Stacy’s hydration science to everyone.
As I continue to search for the perfect hydration and recovery drinks, I was impressed by the reasoning and science of Dr. Sims, the creator of Osmo Nutrition who says that Liquids even those that contain calories are not intended to be the source of calories. An athlete should not rely on liquid calories for their fuel source. Calories should be eaten and one should drink for hydration. Even though this is common sense and proven effective by science, “hydration in the bottle, food in the pocket” is a revolutionary concept. Dr. Stacy Sims, MSc, PhD, is the chief research officer and a co-founder of Osmo Nutrition. She is an exercise physiologist and nutrition scientist with almost two decades in the research field and is also a longtime endurance athlete. The Osmo Products have more to do with osmolality of the fluid, hence the name. Her reasoning is the Osmo contains calories as a by product with a specific ratio of glucose and sucrose to optimize absorption in the intestinal tract. A key ingredient is sodium citrate, an electrolyte which is easier on the stomach to absorb and is essential converting food to energy in the cells (cell respiration). Osmo has a higher amount of sodium content that the majority of sports drinks at 480 mgs but I appreciate the intake during my workouts for maintaining electrolyte balance during intense physical activities. My stomach and digestive system especially while under duress of high intensity intervals can easily become unbalanced. The overall ingredients of Osmo is organic fruits, gluten free, no GMOs and Glory Bee sugar that is charcoal filtered with charred wood. Osmo Nutrition has products that are specifically designed to preload, hydrate and acute recovery. They all have the necessary nutrients to improve performance, maximize energy levels and maximize recovery during workouts and post training. The quality ingredients with the science behind the ratios will vastly improve your workouts and recovery time.
- Increase Power Output
- Pharmaceutical grade vitamins and minerals
- Improves Endurance and delays muscle fatigue
- Free from Gluten and GMO’s
- Only uses the highest quality natural ingredients
- Reduce Cramping thru essential electrolyte absorption
- Optimizes Training Adaption’s during intense physical stressors
- Quickly restores glycogen levels, sustain exercise energy levels and reduce delayed muscular onset soreness (recovery)
- Quickly absorbed for maximum performance and recovery
- Tastes great
- Easy on digestion process
- Only natural ingredients or sweeteners with no GMOs or gluten
- Effective for reducing muscle soreness
- Slightly more expensive, but I feel the cost is well worth the quality and ratio of ingredients
- Higher Salty taste that is required for the key electrolyte function and balance
- Limited flavor choices (blackberry, orange and vanilla)
THE BOTTOM LINE
Osmo Nutrition has products that are specifically designed to preload, hydrate and recover are your workouts. They all have the necessary nutrients to improve performance, maximize energy levels and maximize recovery during workouts and post training. The quality ingredients with the science behind the ratios will vastly improve your workouts and recovery times.