LAVA Shorts are a must for swimmers and triathletes of all levels. LAVA Shorts lift your hips to simulate the same body position of a wetsuit. LAVA Shorts create proper technique and allow you to focus on speed.
XTERRA LAVA SHORTS.
Xterra LAVA shorts for my final buoyancy short for the summer. While the shorts have a very high-ticket price and I love the triple X blue-black design, I do feel cost is the biggest factor in the decision to purchase. Buoyancy shorts lift your hips and simulate ideal body position of a wetsuit. This training tool will maximize your performance and will make you faster (floating feeling). The shorts have dynamic design which allowing for full body movement and hip rotation. The lower cut waistband and higher cut in the back does improve the movement and stabilization of the shorts. The waistband is knitted, and I do feel that it holds the shorts comfortable at the waist and securely in position. Sizing of the LAVA is hip measurement based and I do feel that the combination of waist and thigh/body is a better way to get more customized fit while this is due to my larger size legs and smaller waist anatomy. LAVA takes a different eco-friendly design as they are from the limestone neoprene rubber which is 95% impermeable compared to 70% of petroleum-based standard of all other products. I like the longer extended leg length which I feel gives more compression on the leg maximizing not only your recovery but improving the training technique. As with all buoyancy shorts they are slightly difficult to get in and out but that’s a part of the process. Xterra shorts are 100% guaranteed with a one-year industry-standard warranty. Of all the buoyancy shorts I’ve demoed, I to think that the Xterra LAVA Shorts have the coolest design with the blue-black triple X logo. The Xterra LAVA Shorts are the most expensive of the buoyancy shorts at $220 and with higher price tag, they are not worth the cost with the other comparable buoyancy shorts that are more affordable with similar features.
- Lift your hips to stimulate the same body position of a wetsuit
- Create proper technique and allow you to focus on speed and performance
- Perfect for both speed and recovery swims
- Dynamic design makes these tri shorts comfortable to train in, do flip-turns, and easy to change into and out of
- Waistband is low-cut in the front and rides higher in the back, allowing for natural breathing and comfortable flip turns all while keeping your shorts firmly in place
- Limestone-based neoprene rubber is 95% water impermeable
- 1 year’s industry warranty and 100% satisfaction guarantee
- Extended leg length for improved compression and recovery
- Quality neoprene materials for long lasting durability
- Improves speed and technique
- Design is dynamic for water-based movement training
- Truly gives you that floating experience
- Provides the wetsuit feature without the full body experience
- Expensive at $220
- Fit could be improved with 2-fold body and waist measurement
THE BOTTOM LINE
The Xterra LAVA Shorts are the most expensive of the buoyancy shorts at $220 and with higher price tag, they are not worth the cost with the other comparable buoyancy shorts that are more affordable with similar features.
VISIT XTERRA WETSUITS TO PURCHASE