Making good better. The Shimano carbon-bodied Dura-Ace 7900 pedals were so highly rated that a redesign for an ostensibly better 9000 series pedal was a real challenge for Shimano designers. However, the Shimano Dura-Ace PD-9000 road pedals received a stunning cosmetic upgrade and in fact still guarantee that same reliable and efficient connection between you and the bike. An extra-wide platform that offers maximum power transfer and comfort, while wear-resistant top plates ensure durability.
SHIMANO DURA ACE PD 9000 SPD PEDALS
For many years and 10’s of thousands of miles, I’ve used the Ultegra model components and pedals which for me were excellent and affordable. I was ready to put the best that Shimano has to offer and pay for to the test after recently seeing how perfectly they perform with the shift/brake components. The most noticeable difference in the PD 9000’s was the extra wide platform. The increased platform amplifies every available watt to be transferred to your cranks. The larger platform also disburses the pressure equally on your foot reducing numbness and tarsal irritation. With many anatomical differences in leg angles Shimano created an optional spindle of 4 mm for larger Q-angles which will reduce wear and tear on the body. The cleat retention system of the SM-SH12 limits toe and lateral movement. The float is limited to +/- one degree. This limitation prevents and minimizes long term wear and tear on the joints and keeps your mechanics incredibly efficient during pedaling. The 3 bearing axle system and stainless steel body cover and plate make the 9000 extremely durable and long lasting. The engagement is quick and truly locks you to the pedal with an adjustable personalized amount of tension. Dura Ace has the reputation and performance that truly speaks for itself. The extra wide platform, perfected engagement and steel durability make these pedals a great choice for the Happy Athlete and many Pros on the circuit today.
• Carbon and stainless steel construction
• Single-sided binding engagement with adjustable cleat tension
• Weight only 248 grams
• Includes SM-SH12 “blue” front-center-pivoting cleat set
• Durable stainless steel body plate reduces flex and pedal body wear
• Light-weight and strong, injection molded carbon composite body
• Extra-wide platform for maximum power transfer
• Wide bearing placement for stable, uniform load distribution
• Optional +4mm spindles available
- Lightweight at only 248 grams
- Larger platform for effective power transfer
- Uniform distribution of forces and load
- Adjustable cleat tension
- 3 Bolt Look style compatible
- Durable stainless steel body for many miles to come
- Very pricey, but Dura Ace has the reputation for quality and performance
THE BOTTOM LINE
Shimanos Dura Ace has the reputation and performance that truly speaks for itself. The extra wide platform, perfected engagement and steel durability make these pedals a great choice for the Happy Athlete and many Pros on the circuit today.