The saddle for cyclists and bikers from the narrow basin that focus on lightness without giving up a minimum of padding
SELLE SMP EVOLUTION
About five years since I was able to sample in SMP saddle I have on my two for the winter riding season. There’re a few reasons I choose the evolution number one due to the size of my pelvis and the very specific ergonomic anatomic no compression of the perineal and prostate regions. The SMP saddles have a quite different design then the typical saddle I’m used to with a pointed eagles beak similarity. While the design is quite different it is impressively effective to maximize the reduction of stress and compression on the soft tissue without causing any compression on the nerve or vascular structures. The carbon composite model is durable, lightweight and even with minimal padding seemed very comfortable with my smaller pelvis. As I continue to age, the completely free central canal was a huge plus which caused no pressure on the undersurface whatsoever. The overall wings in shape are very specific as to the position of sit bones and allow for maximum movement and muscle power. The saddle has road and trail riding possibilities. From a Chiropractic standpoint, is ideal to relieve pressure on the lower spine (sacral and coccyx regions) specifically targeting the pelvic sitting position and movement. The saddle costs around $269 which is reasonably priced but with all the specific anatomical design patents, it’s well worth it. The Selle SMP Evolution is an ergonomically designed, anatomy specific to reduce pressure on the lower undersurface while optimizing your performance and comfort at the same time.
- Ideal seat for both races and cycling in your free time.
- Patented ergonomic design
- The carbon fiber rails give increased comfort, movement and less weight.
- No compression of the perineal and prostatic area maximizing protection of nerve and vascular structures
- Excellent “all-around” features and is particularly suited for the average narrow pelvis.
- The Evolution model has foamed elastomer padding where the ischial tuberosities (SITS Bones) and rear rest
- Optimizes greater fluidity, proper biomechanics and muscle power
- Lightweight at 180 grams
- Reasonably priced at $269
- Reduces pressure on the undersurface while increasing blood flow
- Increased ideal pelvic alignment optimizing pedaling performance
- Superior design for protection, comfort and performance
- Very specific to personal Pelvic anatomy, may take short time to get used to design/minimal padding
THE BOTTOM LINE
The Selle SMP Evolution is an ergonomically designed, anatomy specific to reduce pressure on the lower undersurface while optimizing your performance and comfort at the same time.
VISIT SELLE SMP TO PURCHASE