- EASE OF USE
The BackStage is the first swing away platform hitch rack. Available for 2″ receivers, the BackStage can be swung to the right with bikes loaded to give you unfettered access to the rear of your car.
ROCKY MOUNTS BACKSTAGE
I have used Thule, Yakima, saris, SeaSucker as my bike racks for many years and there is “Rack on the Block.” Rocky Mounts hails from Boulder Colorado and they offer a full line of bike, ski and cargo racks. Rocky Mounts are made in the USA and are known for their quality design and innovative features that are not present on the other models I’ve used in the past. The Backstage has two key features that I believe separates it from other models which is the swing away platform style feature and the tilt up/down for easy maneuvering and accessibility to the truck. The Backstage is very sturdy, highly durable and can be used for all short and extensive travel. This hitch mounted system can carry up to two bikes with multiple wheel sizes. It has a durable steel and aluminum construction with rust resistant ED coating and powdercoat finish for an only professional appeal by long standing in multiple weather conditions (as you know it was made in Boulder Colorado where for the majority of the year will be rain, sleet, cold and snow). There are multiple locking mechanisms allow you to change the position of the bikes to tilt down, fold up (when not in use) or away. The locking mechanism of the bikes are extremely secure with dual locking and of course the security lock feature. The rack has an Impressive zero movement of the unit and no vibration of pin system. As with all Rocky Mounts products, they offer a lifetime warranty on all their products. This system is reasonably priced around $549 it will give you hundreds of destinations and thousands of miles on your bike. Rocky Mounts Backstage is excellent bike rack system that is durable, secure and high-quality and will give its competitors true run for their money with its added features.
- Hitch-mounted, Swing-away, platform-style bike rack carries up to 2 bikes
- Swing away feature clears 42″, works with most vehicles
- Full feature receiver rack, fold up, tilts down and away
- Two carrier trays spaced at 12″, with 3″ of adjustment possible
- Each carrier has a 60 lb max weight capacity, 48″ max wheelbase
- wheel sizes from 20-29″, up to 5″ wide
- Anti-rattle hitch pin
- Hitch pin lock and cable lock supplied, with lock cores and keys
- Mounts offers a Lifetime Warranty on all products
- Durable steel & aluminum construction w/ rust resistant ED Coating & powdercoat finish
- Reasonably priced at $549.99
- Sturdy and highly durable for short and extensive travel
- Secure and protective for your wheel investments
- First swing away design for easy access for trunk
- Impressive zero movement of the rack and no vibration of pin system
- Made in the USA
THE BOTTOM LINE
Rocky Mounts Backstage is excellent bike rack system that is durable, secure and high-quality and will give its competitors true run for their money with its added features.