The award-winning Octal helmet has been engineered to take the next step in road bike helmet safety and offers optimal ventilation, comfort and weighs less than 200 grams (size M, CE-version). To further improve safety, the Octal provides more coverage and additional protection for the temples and back of the head and the EPS liner is strategically thicker in the most exposed areas. The fully wrapped unibody shell construction functions as a monocoque and enhances the safety properties and construction integrity of the helmet while maintaining a low weight.
While my preferences in the helmet world have been Giro and Specialized, I’m venturing out in the POC helmet world. There well known for their ventilation design, construction and increased protection. The Octal has a is a higher level of protection than most helmets and this is due the fact that the helmet is larger and provides more coverage to the temples and the back of the head. As a Chiropractor who deals with many injuries to the neck and concussions, I was very impressed by this additional feature because every little bit helps in my opinion. The EPS liner is also thicker in the frontal and occipital regions providing increased protection. The helmet is fully wrapped in a unibody shell structured for maximum protection. POC has its own ventilation design this is my way of less holes that are much larger which provides optimal ventilation. The temperature regulation was cooler, and the padding uses Coolbest which even on hotter days seemed cooler the typical helmet. I like the idea of having the straps molded in the liner seems a little bit more secure and placement specific. There is an area where the eyeglasses placed security in eye garage providing less movement. The Octal is reasonably priced around $200 and I do feel that with the higher level of protection in relation it is well worth the price. Overall the POC Octal is an excellent helmet that provides increased protection and impressive ventilation for a very reasonable price.
- High performance EPS liner, optimized in density
- Fully wrapped unibody shell construction
- Generously ventilated, using POC’s unique ventilation design
- Size adjustment system
- Straps molded into liner
- Temperature regulating Coolbest padding
- Eye garage to keep your sunglasses securely in position when placed on the helmet
- Used and preferred by Cannondale-Garmin Pro Cycling Team
- Weighs less than 200 grams
- Reasonably priced at $200
- Fully Adjustable for a secure and customized fit
- High level protection especially in front and rear of head regions
- Unique ventilation design and temperature control properties
THE BOTTOM LINE
Overall the POC Octal is an excellent helmet that provides increased protection and impressive ventilation for a very reasonable price.
VISIT POC SPORTS TO PURCHASE