The Finer Details. Our lightest, stiffest and most breathable shoe, the P.R.O. Leader V4 features groundbreaking technology from top to bottom.
PEARL IZUMI P.R.O. LEADER V4
It has been way too long since my last experience with a Pearl Izumi shoe and I am stoked for a demo of the P.R.O. Leader v4. This shoe just screams speed and performance all the way. My last review was the Race RD III, as the V4 is a higher performance shoe with advanced upgrades. The shoes are very comfortable with no discomfort/hot spots even with extended cycling times of the 75 minutes plus on indoor trainer. The Seamless Upper has a 3-layer design which reduced hot spots on the foot and molds to your individual anatomy. The foot is securely stabilized with the zonal bi-directional closure wraps and secure retention systems as less movement equals more power. Personalized custom fit is optimized with a Dual Boa IP1 dials for 1 mm precision micro-adjustability. Superior power transfer thru the 1:1 Integrated Carbon Power Plate with a paper thin 5 mm stack height i.e. nothing lost… only wattage gained at all levels. The incredible rigidness blended with weightless and a stiffness rating of 13. The Undersurface Electroplating (Red, Yellow and Orange) adds a new dimension hidden Flashiness. As a Chiropractor, the ability to enhance Arch support not only improves performance but reduces wear and tear on joints and decreases injuries. The P.R.O Leader V4 is reasonably priced at $350 is well worth features of performance, durability and quality. The P.R.O. Leader V4 is a pro level cycling shoe that improves power transfer with superior fit and maximum comfort for a reasonable price tag.
- New 1:1 Zero Distraction Upper Fit mitigates foot discomfort by avoiding the soft tissue running along the top of the foot
- Advanced 3-Layer Seamless Composite Upper offers exceptional breathability and eliminates hot spots by adapting to your unique foot shape
- Unibody construction eliminates traditional lasting board to deliver super low 5mm stack height for maximum pedaling efficiency
- Zonal Bi-directional Closure wraps the foot for a semi-custom fit and secure foot retention
- Dual Boa® IP1 dials allow 1 mm micro-adjustability and pop up for full release
- 1:1 Integrated Carbon Power Plate delivers feather-light stiffness (stiffness rating of 13)
- 1:1 Insole System allows independent left and right arch and forefoot Varus canting adjustability for optimal pedaling mechanics
- Replaceable heel bumper
- Superior power transfer thru Integrated Power plate
- Excellent micro adjustment for precision fit
- Secure fit that reduces forward or lateral movements to eliminate lost power
- Reasonably priced at $350
- 3-layer manufacturing composite for a Seamless Upper and a no hot spot Comfortable fit
- Lightweight at a mere 265 grams
THE BOTTOM LINE
The P.R.O. Leader V4 is a pro level cycling shoe that improves power transfer with superior fit and maximum comfort for a reasonable price tag.