The Octane SL III confirms the axiom that less is more. The feather-light and ultra stiff Octane Carbon 1:1 Power Plate provides optimal pedaling power and efficiency while the minimalist design of our 1:1 Anatomic Upper delivers the finest in fit and comfort.
PEARL IZUMI OCTANE SL III
I have tried many of the Pearl road models and wanted to experience their best high end model. The Octane SL III has been touted as the lightest road shoe on the market. The orange color is quite striking and will let other racers and drivers see you (Color=safety). This shoe is highly ventilated that has the Direct Vent Technology feature which greatly reduces the weight of the shoe and the strategic placement of the mesh/vents increase the flow of air with pedaling movement. On the cold mornings near the Ohio River, the dominated mesh design and 2 toe box vents will wake you up quickly in this mornings. The shoe fits incredibly well, exceedingly comfortable and the 3 Velcro straps kept the shoe firmly stabilized with minimal movement even when hammering on the cranks. I have preferred the Hot spots and numbness are virtually eliminated with the anatomic closure system that follows the natural anatomic shape of the foot. This shoe is the lightest per pair I’ve experienced at only 195 grams. The carbon plate is unidirectional, concavely shaped, for maximized stiffness with exceptional power transfer and the paper thin stack height is a mere 6.5 mm giving you the true connection to the pedal. These Octane’s were well worth the cost of $350. The superior lightweight, comfort and interfaced connection between the rider/bike is the best I’ve experienced this year. These Pearl Izumi Octane SL III will be your only shoes you’ll need this year.
- Clarino Rovenica Upper with Direct-Vent Technology provides minimum weight and maximum breathability
- 1:1 Anatomic Closure: follows the natural anatomic shape of the foot to eliminate hot spots and pressure points
- Octane Grade Uni-Directional Carbon for feather-light stiffness
- Direct-Vent technology for cooling and drainage
- Concave shaping for ultra low 6.5mm stack height
- Enhanced plate stiffness and anatomic support
- Octane SL Insole: provides light weight support
- Weights only 195gms.
- Super Lightweight
- Maximal Ventilation
- Optimal Power transfer
- Perfect fit and exceedingly comfortable
- Only comes in 1 color (orange)
- The high ventilation system that warrants an extra pair of socks in the spring/fall
- Expensive at $350
THE BOTTOM LINE
These Octane’s were well worth the cost of $350. The superior lightweight, comfort and interfaced connection between the rider/bike is the best I’ve used this year. These Pearl Izumi Octane SL III will be your only shoes you’ll need this year.