- EASE OF USE
Whether your goal is to beat yesterday with a faster or longer ride or dial in your training for a race, Edge 820 puts the features you crave at your fingertips. This compact, touchscreen GPS cycling computer offers advanced performance monitoring, bike-specific turn-by-turn navigation, our new GroupTrack feature and more.
GARMIN EDGE 820
The Garmin Edge 1000 has been my essential cycling computer for the last several years and I was given the opportunity to demo the Edge 820. This is as good as the 1000 with just a few slight variations which are solely based upon size and price at this point. The Edge 820 is more compact and lightweight with a 2.3-inch color resolution screen. This touch screen is highly sensitive and works whether wet, dusty or wearing gloves. As with all of the Garmin products of past, the GPS connectivity, advanced cycling dynamics and the overall precision is what the Garmin products are all about. The screen has an ambient light sensor which automatically detects and adjusts differences in brightness of the environment while the screen itself is incredibly responsive no matter what you have on your fingers. The Edge works with all Ant+ sensors which include all the basic cycling dynamics along with the newer electronic shifting systems and light radars systems. The screen is highly customizable to your preference to include all cycling dynamics that you could imagine from altitude to wattage with multiple switch to screens. As technology advances, VO2 Max and Strava Suffer Score are included to give you the ability to know your recovery time between workouts. Garman 820 is preloaded with the Garmin cycle map it keeps you on target and location with all routes so you won’t get lost. Slight variance to the Edge 1000 is the an 820 gives the athlete incident detection capabilities through Varia and the cycling awareness products. The upgraded battery improved life for up to 15 total hours of ride time. The Garmin Edge 820 is very affordably priced for $399 and comes with access to all Garmin apps. The GPS and GLONASS satellites for locked in position and precision wherever in the world you may be. The Garmin Edge 820 is an excellent cycling computer which includes all customized cycling dynamics, Ant+ capabilities and highly sensitive color touchscreen for a very affordable price.
- Lightweight and compact with 2.3-inch high-resolution, capacitive touch display that works with gloves and when wet
- GroupTrack feature keeps tabs on everyone in your riding pack
- Advanced performance monitoring includes VO2 max, recovery advisor, Strava live segments, FTP, performance condition and advanced cycling dynamics
- Built-in incident detection included; compatible with cycling awareness accessories such as Varia Vision™, Varia™ smart bike lights and rearview radar
- Bike-specific navigation preloaded with Garmin Cycle Map for turn-by-turn navigation
- Connect IQ – download free custom apps and data fields
- Battery life – new extended battery life for longer, more adventurous rides. Up to 15 hours; battery save mode will extend battery life up to 50% while still tracking the detail of your ride
- Reasonably priced at $399.99
- Superior GPS tracking and navigation
- Fully customizable screen options for all types of cycling dynamics
- Compatible with Ant+ sensors, Shifting and light systems
- Preloaded maps without any additional costs
- Impressive color touch screen and extended battery life
- No Bluetooth connectivity
THE BOTTOM LINE
The Garmin Edge 820 is an excellent cycling computer which includes all customized cycling dynamics, Ant+ capabilities and highly sensitive color touchscreen for a very affordable price.