Italian Made Road Cycling Shoes crafted for the top cyclists in the world. Carbon G. Stilo is the perfect combination between comfort and lightweight. The upper is designed of microfiber with laser-drilling to provide excellent breathability and the perfect climate for the rider
GAERNE CARBON G. STILO
I’ve been looking forward to demoing the Gaerne cycling shoe for several years and was given opportunity to try their top-of-the-line Carbon G. Stilo. There are several key features that impressed me, they were the power transfer effectiveness of the sole, breathability and comfort. The laser drilled holes create a superior air circulation ability across the top and sides of the foot for an impressive temperature control. The Dual Fitting Closure System has an updated BOA IP-1 reel with 4 guides giving a precise, fast and customize closure on the entire 2/3 of the foot. The IP-1 is slightly hexagon shape with a rubberized finish for increased grip and on the fly control. The BOA Closure system is guaranteed for the entire life of the shoe. The first third of the foot or the tarsal region has TSS Technology or Tarsal Support System. This TSS is designed to place the foot in a more neutral or Anatomical position without any cramping or crowding which lead to hot spots. The heel is important not only for the last part of the stroke, but stabilization improve the overall power ability but also reduces any lost wattage it’s a heel comes out of the shoe. This occurs via Stabilized heel Cup, non-slip treatment and anti-tendonitis form. The EPS Full Carbon sole has a 12.0 ultralight and thin, powering every single amount of wattage that you deserve from each stroke. The Sole has a stiffness index of 12.0 which is one of the highest ones I’ve road all year. The Carbon sole is incredibly stiff but forgiving without compromising any lost power. The shoe is a lightweight at a mere 275 grams. While the shoes are quite costly at around $499, you will get thousands of miles with these without the need for a new pair for a long time. Overall, Gaerne Carbon G. Stilo are the Top-of-the-line Pro level shoe with comfort, customized dial in fit and the ultra carbon Sole stiffness for maximum power transfer for all your miles to come.
- Lighter and more vented with Microfiber laser drilling
- Bi-Directional BOA IP-1 provides custom comfort with smooth, even closure and no pressure points
- Full Carbon Fiber Weave Sole with Stiffness Index of 12.0
- BOA Closure System weighs substantially less than other cycling shoe closures and approximately one-fifth of other high-end ratchet-closure systems
- High-precision BOA reel allows the cyclist to achieve the perfect micro adjustment shoe tension
- Simply reach down and dial in the perfect fit with a few clicks of the BOA dial
- BOA laces translate to superior power transfer through the entire pedal stroke
- Handmade in Italy
- Impressive carbon sole for maximize power transfer
- Superior customize fit, heel support with additional tarsal comfort
- Impressive breathability without increased temperature issues
- Micro adjustment with 4-reel tensions closure system eliminating hotspots, numbness or pressure points
- While the shoes are quite costly at around $499, you will get thousands of miles with these without the need for a new pair for a long time.
THE BOTTOM LINE
Overall, Gaerne Carbon G. Stilo are the Top-of-the-line Pro level shoe with comfort, customized dial in fit and the ultra carbon Sole stiffness for maximum power transfer for all your miles to come.
VISIT GAERNE TO PURCHASE